Proud Performing Arts is a global network that aims to empower, encourage and elevate performing arts with a LGBTQ+ perspective and artists working with the matter. The network is a platform for solidarity and inspiration and strives to bring forward the different conditions for LGBTQ+ people all around the world.
The network was initiated at the World Congress of ITI in July 2017 by the Swedish ITI center. In 2018 we had the first official meeting at Euro Pride in Stockholm. In 2019 there will be a meeting in Miami in June as well as at Stockholm Pride (as part of the Proud Performing Arts Festival).
- Proud Performing Arts should be a platform for exchanging experiences.
- Proud Performing Arts should facilitate distribution of and make visible performing arts with a LGBTQ+ perspective.
- Proud Performing Arts should inspire to exchange between artists, producers and presenters.
Proud Performing Arts at Stockholm Pride 2019
July 31st to August 2nd 2019 we team up with Parkteatern to host a 3 day outdoor festival during Stockholm Pride. Keep a look out for mor info on this years programme, that will be released in the beginning of July!
Please e-mail us if you are interested in participating, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to the Proud Performing Arts festival in Stockholm
Scensverige, Swedish ITI, invites you to apply to the Proud Performing Arts festival in Stockholm, July 31st to August 2nd 2019
We are looking for the best performing arts with an LGBTQ perspective to be played at our three day festival during Stockholm Pride. Apply by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
This is the information we need from you:
- Can the production be performed outdoors? (we are co-operating with the outdoor festival Parkteatern).
- Do you have any financing on your own? Please provide as much details as possible about your financial situation and compensational claims.
- Other physical criterias (stage size, building/preparation time and such)
Do you want to attend the festival as an international guest working with LGBTQ performing arts already or wanting to learn more? Send an e-mail about your professional focus and why you want to attend this years festival to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants from DACH-Countries* please state if you and/or your organization need financial aid from the Swedish Institute to finance your visit.
*Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia | Eastern Europe: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, North West Russia, Turkey and Ukraine